The UK~IRC is a cutting-edge collaboration between two of the UK’s leading universities the University of Cambridge and Imperial College London – both leaders in the study of innovation. The Centre unites leading academics from both institutions to understand and advance the relationship between academia and policy.
Key Project Results
- Our Services project analysed the Design industry for the Design Council and BIS, as wel as analyses of the architectural and engineering consultancy industries.
- Our Open Innovation project produced results from its large scale survey of UK manufacturing firms, leading to a report launched in July 2010.
- The Evidence-based Policy project published a report entitled the UK R&D landscape with the CIHE, as well as collaboration with CSaP.
In 2011 – 2013 we produced
- 12 books/official reports/policy submissions
- 10 book chapters
- 34 journal articles published in California Management Review, Journal of Management Studies, Research Policy, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal and Academy of Management Journal
- 28 working papers
- Nearly 100 presentations at major conferences and activities, including the Academy of Management, DRUID, American Association of Geographers, Global Economic Symposium (Kiel), BIS, University of Auckland, Mexico City Science and Innovation Week and Intellectual Property Office.